Information about processing of personal data
Algorithmica Research AB (“Algorithmica”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is the data controller for processing of your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice. At Algorithmica, we care for your privacy and always strive for a high level of data protection.
Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to being transparent about what personal data we process and why. This Privacy Notice explains how we as data controller collect and use your personal data. This Privacy Notice also describes your rights and how you can exercise your rights.
What constitutes personal data and when do we process data?
Personal data is all information relating to an identified or identifiable living natural person. An identifiable natural person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, for example by name, social security number or address. Encrypted data and various kinds of electronic identities (e.g., IP address) also constitute personal data, provided that the data can be linked to a natural person.
The processing of personal data includes all handling of personal data, such as collection, registration, processing, and storage, i.e., anything that may be done with personal data.
Why do we process personal data and on what legal basis?
Algorithmica processes personal data for the following purposes:
- When Algorithmica processes personal data attributable to you who are employed by a company for which Algorithmica performs assignments or services, we use your data to be able to contact you as a representative to obtain and provide information. The legal basis is Algorithmica’s legitimate interest to process personal data for the performance of a contract to which Algorithmica is party.
- Some of Algorithmica’s registration forms may ask you to provide us with contact information, unique personal identifiers, financial information, subject areas of interest and/or demographic information. We may use this information to tailor your experience on the website with relevant material based on the legal basis of Algorithmica’s legitimate interest.
- Algorithmica may also conduct user surveys on the website or use technology to provide us with information in several areas, such as user identity, viewing habits, whether users found what they were looking for, whether the site content is relevant to users’ needs, and other similar purposes. Algorithmica uses the information collected from such surveys to improve our web content, navigation, and overall visitor experience and to provide you with relevant material from Algorithmica. The legal basis is Algorithmica’s legitimate interest to improve its content and market itself.
- If you apply for employment with Algorithmica we process personal data on the legal basis performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract, as well as our legitimate interest. The types of data processed are:
- identification data,
- contact data,
- competence profile.
Examples of identification data and contact data are your name, social security number, e-mail address and phone number. Competence profile means your CV and other application documents such as your personal letter and any grades and certificates.
- Algorithmica process data for the purpose of compliance with statutory regulatory requirements, such as the Swedish Accounting Act of 1999 (sw. Bokföringslag (1999:1078) and the Swedish Companies Act of 2005 (sw. aktiebolagslagen (2005:551).
How long do we store your personal data?
The retention period of the personal data we collect is determined in accordance with the purpose and legal obligation for each processing. This means that we only save your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligation, for as long as required by law or as long as we have a legitimate interest to store and process data.
When Algorithmica saves your personal data for purposes other than our contractual obligations, such as legitimate interest, when you register for our events or receive newsletters by email, we only save your personal data for as long as necessary and/or are statutory for the purpose.
Your personal data will be deleted or anonymised when the purpose or statutory obligation to store the personal data ceases.
When recruiting, Algorithmica never stores your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose. If you apply for an advertised position and your application does not lead to an employment with Algorithmica, we store your data for a maximum of 24 months with reference to the Swedish Discrimination Act of 2008 (sw. Diskrimineringslag (2008:567)).
Who has access to your personal data?
As a general rule we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal data to third parties. Where it is necessary to offer our services in a correct manner, we share your personal data with companies that are so-called data processors. A data processor is a company that processes personal data on our behalf and according to our instructions. We have personal data processors who, among other things, help us with IT services as well as HR and salary systems.
When your personal data is shared with data processors, it is only for purposes that are consistent with the purposes for which we have collected the data. We screen all data processors to ensure that they can provide sufficient guarantees regarding the security and confidentiality of personal data. We have written data protection agreements with all data processors, in which they guarantee the security of the personal data processed and undertake to comply with our security requirements and instructions.
Security when processing your personal data
Algorithmica takes several technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security that is appropriate in relation to the risk and to protect the personal data we process. Algorithmica has, among other things, established internal guidelines for data protection and information security, as well as non-disclosure agreements with employees, the Board of Directors, suppliers and partners.
Transfer of personal data to recipients in a third country
Our goal is to only process your personal data within the EU/EEA and not transfer said data to a country outside the EU/EEA (“third country”). However, we may require to transfer your personal data to a third country, depending on for example systems, cloud services or server locations that cannot be avoided. Algorithmica will in those cases take appropriate safeguards, by means of standard contractual clauses in compliance with Article 46(2)(c) of the EU General Protection Regulation, to ensure your rights and freedoms.
You have the right to receive a copy of any standard contractual clauses that Algorithmica have entered into for the transfer or personal data to recipients in a third country.
Your rights as a data subject
The right you have, as a data subject, are described below.
- You have the right to request information about what personal data we process and have access to a copy of said data (right to access).
- If your personal data is incorrect, you can request rectification or supplementation thereof (right to rectification). You also have the right to request that we limit the processing of your personal data e.g., if you contest the accuracy or the legitimate interest of the processing of certain personal data (right to limitation of processing).
- You have the right to request that data about you is erased when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected (right to erasure). Algorithmica deletes data about you when it is no longer needed but may be required by other legislation to store data about you in order to comply with statutory requirements.
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal data based on legitimate interest. You also have the right to object to direct marketing (right to object).
- If you have given your consent or if we base the processing on performance of a contract with you, you have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the personal data that you have provided us. This will be provided to you in a structured, widely used, and machine-readable format and you have the right to transfer it to another controller or to have our help to transfer the data to another controller when technically possible (right to data portability).
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that we have processed your personal data in breach of the EU General Protection Regulation or any other data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint to the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (sw. “Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten”), which is the supervisory authority for personal data in Sweden.
The Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection contact details:
- Phone number: +46(0)8-657 61 00
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address: Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten, Box 8114, SE-104 20 Stockholm, Sweden
Identity and Contact Details of the Data Controller
Algorithmica Research AB (“Algorithmica”)
Corporate identity number: 556357-1180
Drottninggatan 25, 4th floor
SE-111 51 Stockholm, Sweden
Algorithmica’s contact details:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +46(0)8-440 44 00
Versions of the Privacy Notice
Last updated as of 29 March 2022 (version 1.0).